Our homes and our bodies need a humidity level of about 45%. But running our furnaces all winter dries out our air, causing problems like dry itchy skin, nose and eyes. If you get frequent nosebleeds in winter dry air may be the cause (but confirm with your doctor). Dry air can also cause or worsen sore throats and even trigger asthma or allergy attacks.
In our homes, dry air can warp and crack hardwood floors and wooden furnishings. It can crack drywall and paint, and lead to gaps around windows and doors. Dry air also feels colder, and can mean you’re spending more on heating trying to stay warm.
Over 40 Years of Expertise
Husky has been helping people enjoy a better home environment for over 40 years. We’ve built a reputation for providing sensible advice, providing expert installations, and highly competitive prices. Our customers come back to us again and again because they love our friendly yet professional service.
We have been honoured with many excellent reviews on HomeStars, and we were voted best heating and air conditioning company in Vaughan.Request A Free Quote
Our Popular GeneralAire Humidifiers
While we can get any GeneralAire Humidifiers on request, the models below are favourites with our customers.
These are bypass humidifiers, which means they are installed onto your ductwork. Your system’s air is forced through a moist pad, and then returns to your ductwork to be spread throughout your home. Bypass humidifiers provide enough moisture for most needs, and have a good balance of cost and easy maintenance.
Legacy Humidifier 1099
- Humidification power for homes up to 3,000 square feet.
- Provides up to 19 Gallons per day (71.9 litres)
- Includes a humidistat and 1 replacement pad.
- Easy maintenance – just replace the pad 1-2 times a season, depending on how dry your home is.
- Quiet operation – the unit installs near your furnace.
Legacy Humidifier 1042
- Delivers 17 gallons per day (64.3 litres) to homes 2,800 square feet or less.
- Humidistat included – just turn the dial to adjust humidity.
- So quiet you won’t notice it working – except for the improved air of course!
- Shut off damper.
- Simple maintenance – just change the water pad once or twice a year.
- 5-year warranty.
Expert Advice, Friendly Service
If you think a whole-home humidifier may be the answer for you, get in touch with us. We’ll provide honest advice and a no-pressure approach. After all, you want to solve a problem, not get a hard-sell treatment!
Let us put our 40 years of expertise at your service – ask for your free quote today.Request A Free Quote