Our customers love the Navien brand for a number of reasons - but mostly because they’re incredibly reliable and their condensing technology makes them the most energy efficient tankless water heaters money can buy. They are also less expensive to install - there is no need to upgrade your gas line to a different size if your home is currently set up for a regular tank.
If you’re interested in shopping for a Navien, you can view the different models below. But we’re here to help - our experts can help you weigh the options and make the right decision for your priorities. That’s how we won the Top Choice award for heating and cooling 3 years in a row: old fashioned friendly service that’s completely pressure free.
Best of all, we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee.Request A Free Quote
12 Reasons to Choose a Navien Tankless Water Heater
Here are a number of great reasons to pick a Navien for your home. All of the Navien water heaters we carry come with these great benefits (individual specs are shown below):
- Ultra efficient. All models are EnergyStar qualified.
- Installation is much cheaper than some tankless brands. Naviens use the same gauge gas line (½”) as your old water tank. No need to upgrade your gas line.
- Easy installation and servicing. Regular 2” PVC pipe can be used for venting because only a small amount of heat escapes from the unit. Venting pipe runs can be up to 60 feet long.
- Almost no waste of heat. Navien is a leader in condensing technology, in which waste heat is captured and used to preheat the incoming water supply.
- No “cold water sandwich”. The ComfortFlow recirculator ensures hot water on demand, with no breaks in the supply of hot water.
- Works no matter how much hot water you need. For very large hot water demands, two or more units can be used.
- Excellent warranty coverage. Up to 15 years on the heat exchanger and 5 years on other parts and components, plus 1 year labour (will depend on other equipment your Navien is connected to).
- Built to last. Heat exchangers are made of stainless steel to resist corrosion better than standard copper exchangers. Stainless steel also resists that white scale mineral buildup that results from hard water. Navien was the first manufacturer to use stainless steel.
- Qualifies for a number of provincial and other rebates. Ask Husky which rebates are happening now.
- Almost zero risk of flooding. Navien uses a special failsafe device to shut off the water in the event of a problem.
- Wi-fi remote controllable. The New NaviLink technology allows you to control your water heater and get usage data from your smartphone.
- Ultra low emissions. NOx ≤ 20 PPM.
These are just the highlights - ask Husky about the full list of benefits.
We Carry These Navien Models
All of our models are part of the NPE series, designed to heat all the water you need for everyday hot water needs. If you also need water for in-floor heating, ask us about the Combi boiler series, which can do both.
The Naviens below can handle residential and some commercial water.
- Efficiency: 97% AFUE
- Flow Rate: 3.8 – 8.4 GPM(14 – 32 L/m)
- Gas Input: 15,000 – 150,000
- Efficiency: 97% AFUE
- Flow Rate:4.6 – 10.1 GPM(17 – 38 L/m)
- Gas Input: 19,900 – 180,000 BTU/hour
- Efficiency: 95% AFUE
- Flow Rate:5.1 – 11.2 GPM(19 – 42 L/m)
- Gas Input: 19,900 – 199,000 BTU/hour
Definitions of Technical Terms Used Above
AFUE stands for Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency. It means the percentage of natural gas that is converted to heat. The higher the number, the better.
Flow rate is a measure of how much hot water your Navien will produce. It’s measured in gallons per minute or litres per minute. Please note that the flow rate will depend on how high you set the temperature on the water heater.
Is a Tankless Model Right for You?
Tankless water heaters are perfect for people who plan to stay in their homes for many years. Because tankless water heaters are way more energy efficient than water tanks, you’ll recoup the installation cost in energy savings over time.
If your budget is extremely tight, you may want to stick with a conventional water tank.
Professional Installations from Husky
To find out more about Navien tankless water heaters and which one is right for you, talk to the professionals at Husky. You’ll enjoy our friendly approach to sales that is based on a “no pressure” policy.
Once you’ve made your decision, you’ll find the installation process is as painless as possible! Our licensed, expert technicians will:
- Arrive on time.
- Do the installation right.
- Clean up any mess that results from installation.
- Answer any questions you may have.
Ready to find out more? Ask for your free, no-obligation quote.
Request A Free Quote