Husky can provide you with a high performance hot water tank from reliable brands like Giant or GSW. Depending on what makes more sense for you, you can buy or rent.
Talk to one of our friendly experts to find out which brands or models will meet your needs. Our no-hassle sales process will give you all the information you need to make a decision that you’ll be happy about for years to come. Once we prepare your quote, the price will stay valid for 30 days so you’ll have all the time you need.
Our NATE-certified professional technicians will install your new water heater perfectly so you get maximum efficiency and longest possible lifespan. Best of all, you’re covered by our 100% satisfaction guarantee.Request A Free Quote
Why Choose Husky
- We’ve been around for over 40 years, so you know we’ll be around if any problems come up.
- You get fast service – we respond to emails within 30 minutes during business hours, and when you call you get a live person on the phone.
- You get great service – our customers are saying so on Homestars. Our technicians are friendly and professional, and are NATE (North American Technician Excellence) certified.
- You’ll get the total price in advance with no surprise fees. You’ll find our rates are some of the best in Toronto/GTA.
- We service the entire GTA. This includes all neighbourhoods in the city of Toronto, plus the Peel and York regions. Check our service area map to be sure.
- Our 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Not sure if you should go with a standard/conventional hot water tank or a tankless model? Check out our handy guide.
How To Buy The Right Hot Water Tank
Here are some important considerations to take in to account when you are looking for a conventional hot water tank:
- How much space do you have available? You should take measurements for the area where your current tank sits, and include the space needed for plumbing, electrical and gas connections.
- How large is your current tank, and is it big enough? If your family is growing and you run out of hot water frequently, you may want to consider a larger size. If you’ve recently added a new bathroom or other fixtures you may need a larger tank as well. Tanks are measured in overall size (in litres or gallons) and heating power (in BTUs – British thermal units).
- What are your energy efficiency requirements? Some tanks are Energy Star certified, others are not. Some tanks come with more insulation built in to the unit to help use less energy to maintain water temperature.
- Do you want to convert from electric to gas? Natural gas is more cost-effective right now.
- What kind of venting options do you want for your gas water heater?
- Atmospheric venting water heaters rely on the air inside your home (specifically, the pressure and temperature difference) to push exhaust up the flue pipe and out of the home. They are the most common type of tank in homes today.
- Direct vent water heaters are completely sealed from the air in your basement, and the combustion process is completely contained (air is piped in from outside and the exhaust is piped outside).
- Power vented water heaters have an electric blower that cools the exhaust and help push it up the pipe and out of the home.
- Power direct venting combines the features of both.
Once you have your new hot water tank, don’t forget to take care of it with regular maintenance appointments >
Husky’s Hot Water Tanks Brands
Hot Water Tanks From Giant
Giant hot water tanks are available in gas and electric models in a variety of sizes.
Giant hot water tanks offer these features:
- Corrosion resistance features like magnesium anodes, cobalt-glass coated tanks
- Easy-drain valves
- Automatic temperature control with safety shut off.
- Temperature and pressure relief valves
- Overflow system
- Greenfoam insulation keeps stored water hotter for longer. It contains no HCFCs (hydrochlorofluorocarbons), CFCs (chlorofluorocarbons), or VOCs (volatile organic compounds).
- Warranty varies with the model, but starts at 6-year limited warranty against tank leakage, and a 1 year warranty on component parts. For full details, talk with your Husky representative.
More advanced models offer additional improvements in addition to this list.
GSW Hot Water Tanks
GSW offers Canadian-made energy efficient gas and electric hot water tanks.
- Many models meet Energy Star requirements.
- Easy-drain valves.
- Low-profile designs save as much space as possible and are easier to install.
- Temperature and pressure relief valves.
- Temperature monitoring.
- Multiple venting options for the gas models.
- Some models feature CFC-free foam insulation.
- Some gas models can use propane if needed.
There are a lot of options, so be sure to discuss what’s right for your needs with a Husky representative.Request A Free Quote