Our ventilation systems bring fresh air into your home without sacrificing the warm or cool
air for which you’ve already paid.
Fresh Air for Your Home All Year Round
Have you noticed stuffy air in your home during the winter? Do you have a perfectly good air conditioner but hate using it because it makes your indoor air smell stale? If so your home may lack adequate ventilation.
Before the energy crisis of the 1970s, homes had “natural” ventilation thanks to lack of insulation and gaps around doors and windows. These days we have much better insulation so we don’t have to lose heat – but that creates a new problem: getting fresh air into our homes.
It’s not just about stuffy winter air – once inside, pollutants accumulate. In fact, according to the EPA indoor air is often 2-5 times more polluted and can be up to 100 times more polluted than outdoor air. A ventilator can be a very effective part of enjoying your home and keeping your family healthy.
Husky has been serving the heating and cooling needs of the people of Toronto since 1970. In that time we’ve assembled one of the most expert teams in the city.
But that doesn’t mean we forget the personal approach – in fact when it comes to service our customers agree we are fast, courteous and we know what we’re doing. If you want to talk to a ventilation professional to get the right answer for your needs, just ask!
We promise straightforward answers with no sales pressure.Request A Free Quote
“I recommend this company without any reservations. Their services were oustanding and beyond my epxectations…I will be a customer for life. Thank you”
– John Hafner, Toronto, November 2018
HRV or ERV – Which is Best?
Here are some basic explanations of what they do.
HRVs transfer heat from outgoing air to incoming air. The two different airflow streams never meet, only the heat is kept. Efficiency levels can vary from 55% up to 93% in the very best products.
Energy Recovery Ventilators (ERV)
ERVs transfer heat AND also transfer humidity. This makes them more efficient, and they also help keep your indoor humidity levels more manageable. In summer, ERVs remove humidity from incoming air (making less work for your AC).
How to Choose?
Here are some simple rules of thumb for choosing between an HRV and ERV. Please keep in mind that sometimes your specific home will not fall into one of these exact categories, so for best results consult a professional.
- My house is too humid in winter – choose an HRV.
- My house is too dry in winter – choose an ERV.
- My local climate is very humid in summer – choose an ERV.
- My local climate is very dry in summer – choose an HRV.
An HRV or an ERV may not completely eliminate the need for a humidifier or dehumidifier, it will help them work more efficiently.
Our HRV and ERV Models
We carry a wide variety of ventilators made by Lennox and Carrier. Here are some of our customer favourites. If you’re interested in a model you don’t see below, we would be happy to provide it for you on request.
Lennox Healthy Climate HRV
Husky is a Premier Lennox Dealer.
- For homes up to 4,200 square feet or smaller.
- Recovers up to 90% of heat energy.
- Compatible with all heating and cooling systems.
- Includes washable MERV-4 filter to screen out pollen, fibers and dirt.
- Wall control included. Optional digital wall control, timer and programmable controls available.
- Ozone emission free.
- 5-Year Limited Warranty on covered components.
Carrier HRV – Performance Series
- 78% – 94% ASE heating recovery efficiency.
- Some models are EnergyStar rated.
- Refreshes 100 – 330 cubic feet of air per minute, depending on exact model.
- Prefilter to screen debris from incoming air.
- Quiet operation.
- Automatic defrost when operating below -5 C.
- Easy to maintain – no tools needed.
- 10year parts limited warranty, some conditions apply.
Carrier ERV – Performance Series
- 72% – 79% ASE heat energy recovery.
- Up to 52% TRE cooling recovery.
- Replenishes 100 – 200 cubic feet per minute (depending on exact model).
- Easy to remove filter.
- Quiet operation.
- Can operate in continuous mode or intermittently.
- Automatic defrost for operating at temperatures below -5 C.
- Limited 5 year warranty – ask about conditions.
Friendly Service, Professional Expertise and Great Prices
At Husky we believe you shouldn’t have to choose between the expertise you need, the price you can afford and the service you deserve. Ask for your free quote today. There’s no sales pressure and no obligation.Request A Free Quote