The last thing you want during the hot summer months is your air conditioner failing. If your cooling system can’t maintain comfortable temperatures in your home, one or more common AC problems could be the culprit.
If the A/C trips the circuit breakers after being reset repeatedly, your system needs to be serviced by a professional. Some other common AC problems include the following:
- Lack of maintenance. This is the root of most air conditioning problems. Keep in mind that proper maintenance can help catch common AC problems early before they become big problems later. A trusted AC professional will inspect and clean your entire AC system, providing you with piece of mind that your equipment won’t malfunction at the worst time.
- Drainage problems. If the condensate drain is clogged, this will lead to problems, especially in humid weather. It can result in mold and mildew growth, with the associated health hazards, or else back up and cause serious water damage in your home.
- Clogged filters. When AC filters are dirty, they reduce cooling efficiency significantly. Your AC has to work harder to meet your temperature demands. Inspect the filter monthly and change it when it looks dirty.
- Thermostat sensor issues. Room AC units have a sensor that is susceptible of getting knocked out of the correct position. This can cause your unit to cycle erratically.
- Electric control failure. This can be caused by wire corrosion in the compressor and fan, or the stress that results from frequent stopping and starting (as seen in oversized AC systems). A professional should look at all electrical connections during maintenance service.
- Refrigerant issues. If your AC has too little or too much refrigerant, both performance and efficiency can be impacted. Low refrigerant levels may also signal one or more leaks in the system. Your service professional can check and adjust the refrigerant level, and then check for leaks if necessary.
Call us at 905-761-9485 or Request A Free Quote