Carbon Monoxide (CO) is a natural product of the combustion process that happens in your furnace. Usually it is vented, but if a problem develops CO can escape into your home. It is now Ontario law that all homes have a carbon monoxide alarm installed.
Protect Your Family
Called “the silent killer”, CO is colourless and odourless but it kills about 11 people in Ontario every year. These deaths often occur while people are asleep or if they’ve had too much to drink. That’s because carbon monoxide poisoning can feel a lot like the flu. Symptoms include nausea, dizziness, fatigue and headache, but unlike the flu there is no fever or cough.
The only cure for carbon monoxide poisoning is to get plenty of fresh air, but the best defense is a good detector that will sound the alarm if the gas is detected.
The Carrier Carbon Monoxide Alarm
The Carrier CO alarm is an excellent answer to concerns about safety.
- CO sensor updates every 15 seconds.
- Detects CO levels from 11 – 999 parts per million. Current level is displayed and peak levels are recorded.
- Excellent alarm response time begins at 70 PPM.
- 70 PPM: alarm sounds within 60-240 minutes.
- 150 PPM: alarm sounds within 10-50 minutes.
- 400 PPM: alarm sounds within 4-15 minutes.
- Very loud alarm (85 decibels, about as loud as a snow blower) should wake even heavy sleepers.
- Plugs into any standard electrical outlet but also uses a lithium ion battery in case of power outage (battery does not need replacement).
- Peak level button displays the highest CO level recorded since alarm was last reset.
- Plugs into any standard electrical outlet.
- 7-year limited warranty.
Ask the Friendly Experts at Husky
The heating and cooling experts at Husky have been providing expert advice, great service and attractive prices to homeowners in Toronto since 1970.
If you’re not sure about the right carbon monoxide alarm for your needs, just ask! We’re happy to answer questions, no obligation and no pressure!Request A Free Quote